RE: Hi!

Subject: RE: Hi!
From: David Glauser <dg@xpsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:34:51

> >Anyway, I would suggest that you sit in one. I sat in an XS at sun n
> >fun, and it was discouraging.
>
        >Damn.  I was just going to say "but the XS has more legroom
than the
        >original Europa, so I should be ok".  *sigh*   :)

If you sat in the cockpit mockup Europa built expressly for that
purpose, be advised that it is less comfortable than any of the three
actual Europas I have tried, including Kim Prout's, with the original
wider center tunnel. It appears that the upholsterer padded the canopy
edge excessively. At any rate, when I sat in the cockpit at Oshkosh, I
was quite disappointed, as I was expecting more room than I had
experienced in the standard Europa. I then sat in N914XS and N512SA, and
found that both are much more comfortable. I think that the Lakeland
folks ought to seriously think about redoing the interior of the mockup
- many folks at Oshkosh commented that they thought it was too narrow. I
spoke with a member of my local EAA chapter who tried it at Oshkosh - he
had removed the kit from consideration because it felt too small. I've
urged him to try Kim's or the factory demonstrator, and ignore the
mockup.

David

<META NAME"Generator" CONTENT"MS Exchange Server version 5.0.1458.49">