Re: Hi!

Subject: Re: Hi!
From: Steve Lock <LOCKS@omc.bt.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 10:01:08
System:   OMC

>Steve, I would suggest that you sit in one first. I can't imagine that
>you will fit. ... I am shorter than you, but somewhat short legged 6'1"
>260, and my shoulders hit the canopy, and my head almost hit the top w/o

Oh :-(   Most of my height is in my legs, but I'll certainly be trying one
out before writing that big cheque.  It's been suggested that they may be
prepared to bring an aircraft closer to me for a test flight.

Failing that, and  if I can't find anyone close to me, then perhaps I'll
make the trip to the factory a navigation exercise, as part of my training.
That should reduce it to a day trip, instead of a weekend.

>thinking of recruiting an aero engineer to help me design a "arm rest"
>by expanding the width of the Europa and widening the canopy.

Hey, I'd be real interested to hear how you get on with this.  You can
never have too much room :)

>Anyway, I would suggest that you sit in one. I sat in an XS at sun n
>fun, and it was discouraging.

Damn.  I was just going to say "but the XS has more legroom than the
original Europa, so I should be ok".  *sigh*   :)

Regards,
Steve Lock.
EGST.

Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not BT.