Re: Shock cords

Subject: Re: Shock cords
From: Roger Mills <Roger.Mills@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:42:04
Ron,
I had problems initially with insufficient assistance from the bungee.
I recommend you should first check that the assembly moves freely at the
correct torque for the bronze bearing bolts.
I then found that I needed 17 "Falls" before retraction was sufficiently
assisted and 18 was slightly too strong in that gear extension was starting
to become difficult.
Perhaps other builders with more experience could offer comment but I am
convinced that the pre-requisite is a correctly fitting and free moving
pair of bearings.
Roger Mills
C/N 141

> From: RonSwinden@aol.com
> Subject: Shock cords
> Date: 25 July 1998 20:44
>
> I got my, presumably, standard length of  bungee from Kirbymoorside and
folded
> it round the gear to give  what  me sailing mates would call 14 falls.
(Like