Re: Page 17-4 - 7 Monowheel Manual Issue I

Subject: Re: Page 17-4 - 7 Monowheel Manual Issue I
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:00:04
My Europa is the original type and this seems to be par for the course in
this area, particularly where the LA mod is fitted.  When I tried my rudder
cables, under certain conditions, the left cable caught under the head of
one of the three bolts of the main wheel's axle bush, and stuck there.
This could really spoil a good approach.

It is essential to pass the rudder wires through nylon or polypropylene
tubing to keep them out of harm's way.  BTW nylon tubing can be applied
after terminating and fitting the wires; it doesn't seem to object to being
split along its length and then slid over the wire.  I secured my tubing
with small Tufnol blocks and P clips.

Dave Simpson