Re: Page 17-4 - 7 Monowheel Manual Issue I

Subject: Re: Page 17-4 - 7 Monowheel Manual Issue I
From: J. FELL <jw17@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 12:47:47

>XS Builders
>
>When you are about to bond the module into the fuselage the manual
>directs you to drill holes for the rudder cable pulleys and seat belt
>attachments.  I did so and fortunately then (non manual directed)
>installed the pulleys..  Egad!  The pulleys would have fouled the
>seatbelt bolts and the rudder wires would have had worn on the fuel line
>tubing!     Please install the rudder cable pulleys,  plot their course,
>and adjust the tubing.  I had to move their locations in order to
>prevent conflict with the seat belt bolts.
>Tom Friedland

Tom, I was also up to this stage a few days before the PFA Rally so left the
drilling until I could speak to someone on the Europa Stand. Neville told me
that the dimensions shown in the manual are correct and the drawing is
wrong, the seat belt bolt is under the pulley but the pulley  spacers
prevent a conflict with the seat belt bolt head.
I haven't drilled the holes yet and would be interested to know where you
have put them.
Jim Fell