New to Europa List

Subject: New to Europa List
From: Pepeborja <Pepeborja@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:29:44
I own a Challenger II microlight and I'm in the process of narrowing down my
next
choice to either the Europa SX or Vans RV6A (all metal airplane).  So far, the
Europa is on top because of two reasons: Design and operational costs.  Right
now,
I'm waiting to go to Lakeland, Florida for a demo ride and sign the check
(provided my
war department gives me the go ahead).

#1.  The guys that are wondering about trim stripes.  When I finished my
Challenger,
       it was all white and it did not have any trim on it.  One day, I went
into a Pep Boys
       (auto parts store) and saw decals for decorating Pick Up trucks.  For
$50 bucks,
       I was able to add some unique looking decals which have received many
compliments
       from fellow flyers.  My decals look like flying ribbons, but after
staring at them for a
       few seconds, you can see the shape of a woman laying down on her side.
It's an
       inexpensive option, which you may want to consider.

#2.  For Carmen, wondering about private airstrips.  Here in the United
States, you can
       have an airstrip in your land as long as it does not create a hazard to
existing airports,
       structures, or neighbors.  In my case, I live in Elk Mound, Wisconsin,
where I bought
       13 acres 2 years ago.  I built my house on it and made two landing
strips (950 and
       600 feet).  I'm finishing my workshop/hangar combo and I'm very eager
to start
       building the Europa very soon.  I believe the FAR's establish that you
don't have to register
       the strip as longs as it remains private and you don't want it shown in
sectional charts.

Good luck to you all and I look forward to lay my building paws on what I hope
will be the
first Europa built in cheesehead country (Packer land for American Football
fans).

Jose Borja (Mexicano by birth, removed from his motherland by his war
department and
relocated to the frozen tundra of Wisconsin)