water temp

Subject: water temp
From: Barry Tennant <Tennant@tonline.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:29:44
Hi Folks!

Can any of you super engineer out there help me with a little problem?

After hours flying (enjoyable since the tail wheel mod) I have an apparent
sudden increase in water temperature.
The water seems to warm up quicker than usual and I cannot reach 1000 ft AGL
because the water is then on the red line. Oil temp is then still quite low at

80deg. Reducing power to 4000 rpm brings the water down to 125C.

I have drained the cooling system, removed the cover and checked the water pump

and re-filled carefully to ensure there is no air in the system. It is still the

same.

I had the panel out on the weekend, before this problem appeared, to change the

software in my skymap. I do not know exactly how the VDO temperature gauges
work. Can it be that the gauge will act normal but read high if I have disturbed

a connection?

You all know what a pain in the backside it is to take the panel out so I was
wondering if anyone knows enough about this type of problem or has had a similar

experience.

Thanks in advance.

Best to you all

Barry Tennant