Re: Fuel types

Subject: Re: Fuel types
From: Gramin <Gramin@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 06:13:12
I can endorse Jerry's view on this.  My Rotax has never seen anything but
unleaded.
I heard an opinion that there is no CAA approval only because the procedure
testwise is tedious and expensive.  Ok, it isn't often available  right at the
airfield, but with some five hours economy range, it is usually only a matter
of filling a portable tank when you finally stop.  I usually strap  an emply
plastic 25lr marine tank (wt. 5 lb) above the luggage for topping up or
refilling, just in case there isn't one at the destination. Now designing
towards the JAR-VLA requirements for its use a long range tank.

Graham C.  G-EMIN