Re: Fuel types

Subject: Re: Fuel types
From: Jerry <jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 09:36:34
I have heard said that you can use Avgas if you use a particular oil but
otherwise the 912 is designed to run on unleaded. I have always used
unleaded in my two stroke Rotax and I shall do the same in my 912. The CAA
say many things and what they say aimed at people who fly Continentals may
not be the same as what they would say to someone with a 912.

I repeat my earlier warning that you should not use super unleaded ( high
octane unleaded ) as it has constituants more likeley to vapourise. Avgas
is probably the most stable in this respect. That's my opinion only and you
ought to talk to someone who knows what he is talking about.

Jerry

----------
> From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
> Subject: Fuel types
> Date: 05 March 1998 01:16
>
> Fuel Types
>
> My Rotax 912 has arrived and I was quite surprised to see what the manual
> has to say about fuel types.
>
> Sure it confirms Europa's statement in the most recent newsletter which
> says that Rotax approve leaded and unleaded mogas as well as Avgas 100LL,
> but the manual also states that because of the higher lead content in
Avgas