Re: Re: Mechanical fuel gage, repeater

Subject: Re: Re: Mechanical fuel gage, repeater
From: Gramin <Gramin@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 17:56:48
In a message dated 25/02/98  15:15:42,  JohnJMoran@aol.com writes:

<< Need to verify that its plastic case is impervious to gasoline.... >>

I put this to RMI when first starting on this project, as they have two
plastic encased transducers on their circuit board and all the circuitry to
stabilise and set up a look up table. (That's quite a project BTW)  But they
said they had "searched the world" for one impervious to fuel without success.

Apart from that aspect, even today I cannot find any units with range lower
than 0-200 mb. (108 in. of fuel)  and we need a sixth of that.  But as you say
you might be able to use part scale of such a device, if there are no hidden
problems of zeroing, drift and noise down there.

Meantime the ASI case hasn't dissolved yet !  In fact if you take the "static"
---From what used to be the old sight gauge vent, it need never see fuel vapour.
If one still wants a sight gauge (I have two now on the front of the tank),
they can most conveniently be led immediately into the top of the tank
(instead of draping  yards of pipe round to the top of the fuselage ,where the
outlet may or may not match tank vent !)

Graham C   G-EMIN