Re: Re: Taps [was: Drills]

Subject: Re: Re: Taps [was: Drills]
From: Europa <Enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:42:36
Graham
      The reason not to just drill the hole in the door/gas strut tang
insted of tapping it is that, with the clearance on such a small hole with
a side load on the fitting, you'll suffer wear quickly which will allow the
strut to pop off. Besides, there is no appreciable plain shank. Better to
tap the hole, screw the ball fitting in and lock it with a check nut.

Regards   Andy