Re: Re: Tail Wheel Arm Responses

Subject: Re: Re: Tail Wheel Arm Responses
From: RonSwinden <RonSwinden@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 18:24:25
In a message dated 07/12/97  06:51:29, you write:

<< That was the whole idea. However, with the springs tight in the straight
 ahead and slack at the extreme deflections it is somewhat compromised I
 think. My springs are even tension throughout. We found that there is still
 a tendency to"oversteer". I plan to adjust the geometry to give minimal
 spring tension in the straight ahead and higher tension at max deflection.

 If anyone has a better idea say so before we go off the side of the runway >>

Dear Graham
That would agree absolutely  with the way I see the problem based on my
experience with the Ogar.  Thanks for passing on your results I asked  the
factory  in my last note on the subject dated 2/12/97 if they would explain
the reasoning behind the geometry  of the tailwheel kit but they  have not yet
answered it, I Iive in hope   Ron S No33