Re: Flying: Fuel Exhaustion/912

Subject: Re: Flying: Fuel Exhaustion/912
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 19:34:15
>>It sounds like Alan is using electric gauges as are many others. This has

come about due to the renowned inacuracy of the Europa sight gauge.
I have to say though, that I am using the standard sight gauge on 'XDY with

all the latest mods and I find it extremely accurate.<<

Allan Hall has the best of both worlds in G-DAYS. The sight gauge is much
less prone to Europa type innacuracy since it is mounted inside the tunnel
just in front of the tank. I found I tended to use that rather than the
electric gauge while I was test flying. The capacitance gauge worked fine
but the callibration of the dial is only approximate. Its most useful
feature is the water warning, and yes, we do occasionally see one. Probably
condensation inside the tank.
Graham