Re: Flying: Fuel Exhaustion/912

Subject: Re: Flying: Fuel Exhaustion/912
From: David Watts <dwatts@ns1.avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 20:10:12
>Alan Stewart wrote
>but considering the surprising inaccuracy of my fuel senders, I
>feel I really need to know the consequencies.

It sounds like Alan is using electric gauges as are many others. This has
come about due to the renowned inacuracy of the Europa sight gauge.
I have to say though, that I am using the standard sight gauge on 'XDY with
all the latest mods and I find it extremely accurate. It seems to go down at
around the right rate whilst we are flying. On the final circuit I make a
close check of the contents and after I have landed I find I can put in
exactly the right amount to fill it up.
The only proviso is that you have to be straight and level to get the
correct reading, but then that is surely the case with all gauges.
Dave Watts.