Re: teflon/stainless hinge pin

Subject: Re: teflon/stainless hinge pin
From: Steven A Eberhart <newtech@newtech.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 14:16:17
On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Klaus Dietrich wrote:

> Tony and Steve,
>
> I ordered the teflon tubing exactly as Tony mentioned in his e-mail and
> received it today from Master Carr.
> My fit was also too easy - no need for slitting the tube so I suppose I got
> the wrong tube as there will be some play.
>
> What I received was quite different although the Catalogue Nr was correct
> on the invoice: 5335 K17
> but the dimensions where different: 0.066" ID x 0.090" OD;  0.012" wall.
> (in your mail it read 100/1000 " OD and 1/16 ID)

I called McMaster-Carr and had them FAX me the catalogue sheet for the
tubing.  The specs. for the 5335K17 tubing are exactly as you measured and
the next size larger (5335K18) is .076 id and .100 od with .012 wall.  I
am wondering if this is the tubing that should be used?  The od is larger
than the id of my hinge material but the inference was that you had to
force it into place so maybe this is the stuff.  I am going to order some
to try it out.  Won't order the 100 ft. that I did last time - anyone need
spaghetti tubing for anything :-)

Steve Eberhart