Re: Tailwheel Alternative?

Subject: Re: Tailwheel Alternative?
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:21:20

> Am I missing something here on the new tailwheel? .......

I received a letter detailing the XS and included in that was a price list
showing various bits to "upgrade" the mark 1 to the XS. The tailwheel mod is
GBP140 and the bulkhead mod is GBP400. If you didn't receive it, don't worry
- it's just paranoia :-)

...... since in  sense they are learning from new, does it really matter what
the tail wheel configuration is?

---From all accounts the new one is considerably easier to takeoff and land
with
and certainly makes the aircraft more like anything anyone is likely to learn
taildragging on.

As one who is part way through a taildragger conversion I know difficult it
can be unlearning all the bad habits that you build up flying tricycle
undercarriage aircraft. I thought I was reasonably competent at landing an
aircraft but the Cessna 180 turned me into a gibbering idiot. With 5 hours of
circuits and some 40 landings under my belt I can get it on the ground well
enough that I may get to go solo next flight. I have budgetted for 20 hours
of circuits to really hammer this thing out. Taking off and landing in any
taildragger takes practice and the Europa is no exception.

Tony
Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 520 4631
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 520 3321