Re: Tailwheel Alternative?

Subject: Re: Tailwheel Alternative?
From: Rolph Muller <rolph@globalvt.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 20:05:13
In message <971106102236_-1460291348@emout07.mail.aol.com>,
JohnJMoran@aol.com writes
>Further input would be appreciated.
Am I missing something here on the new tailwheel? There seem to be lots
of queries - but few replies from Europa Ltd. - if any. Did I miss out
on when it became available  - or maybe I didn't get the last Europa
Ltd. mag - when was it sent out by the way? Can we perhaps address the
question of pilots who have never flown taildraggers before - since in a
sense they are learning from new, does it really matter what the tail
wheel configuration is? As someone a lot wiser than I said to me
recently, performance aircraft require a more highly developed degree of
skill - or whatever you wish to call it - than is required for a spam
can. And developed is the word - or trained or whatever you wish to call
it - nothing to do with innate ability. And I suppose this is something
anyone should build into their cost projections when considering whether
or not to build a Europa - plus the rest - like insurance. Don't forget
to deduct a substantial sum for the sheer fun of building the damn thing
tho!
--
Rolph Muller