Re: Re:Rudder control failure, etc

Subject: Re: Re:Rudder control failure, etc
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:32:01

> Sorry, I wasn't clear on my question about zinc Nicopress sleeves. I assumed
> that there was a corrosion problem when copper sleeves are used with
> stainless. My question is whether it is acceptable to use copper sleeves with
> the stainless cable for the fittings which are not exposed to the weather,
> such as those at the tailwheel crank?

---From my memory of college chemistry:

Corrosion between metals with different electronegativities will occur
if there is any humidity.  The more humidity, the faster the corrosion.
So unless you live in a very dry area or are willing to depend on inspections,
it is best to go with the proper sleeve.

Brian