Re: Rotax in Canada

Subject: Re: Rotax in Canada
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 18:57:26
>>So where does all this leave the ACTUAL likely build time of the XS?
The Europa Mk 1 advertized time was 500 hours. It takes about three times
that. The Europa XS advertized time is longer than the Mk 1.<<

Come on guys. Be a little kinder to our leader. The XS will certainly be
quicker to build than the "Classic". This can only mean that the company is
being more realistic with it's build time estimate. (not before time, {;-)

It's my belief also that those of us with a few hours under our belt are
pretty delighted with our airplanes. They perform very close to "as
advertised". The fact that it requires real piloting skill on the ground is
a bonus. The assembled multitude watching our crosswind landings  are
gratifyingly impressed.

Graham

PS. if Tony K reads this, the 10 foot bounce was due to the fact that the
ground bounced, not the airplane. (It was downhill and the runway has a
skijump 100 m into the strip. ) The passenger, Charlie Laverty's lovely
lady Gilian never knew anything happened so don't tell her, or she won't
fly with Charlie...... OK?
I just mention this to illustrate that the airplane can cope with
remarkably unsuitable situations. I should perhaps also add that my tongue
is loosened by Charlie's excellent single malt whiskey.