Replacing Screens

Subject: Replacing Screens
From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 14:16:27
Replacing Screens

Well it had to happen didn't it! Having brought the doors inside for safe
keeping (away from the workshop where they could get damaged) while I
continued to work on the fuselage, I followed them in with the flaps with
which I managed to catch the corner of one of the doors which toppled it
over such that the center of the screen landed on the corner of the vacuum
cleaner.

You guessed it, a nice big 3 pronged crack in the plexiglass - each leg
around 6 inches long. Its at times like this that you wish you could wind
the clock back a couple of seconds and do things differently.

Fortunately I suppose I have yet to have the doors painted although they
are all nicely filled and primed and ready to go to the paint shop.

Anyone had any experience of getting the old plexiglass out? I have a
feeling that the redux used to bond it in is going to be stronger than the
door frame.

Any thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.

Regards

Martin Tuck
Wichita, Kansas