Between Doors - 2 ??

Subject: Between Doors - 2 ??
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 19:10:07
>>Now, I am considering not installing the jacks for the headsets in the
overhead, but instead placing them in the baggage bulkhead an inch or so
from
the outside skin and about even with the bottom of the "D". <<

I've tried both overhead, and got irritated by the festooning cables and in
the inward facing sides of the headrests. I think with hindsight I favour
the latter. There will be times when you need to fiddle with headsets in
the air. Once took off, (including radio check, "strength 3" they said )
and got almost unreadable when airborne. Found out some time later we had
swopped headsets. If you fly solo with two headsets installed and only one
squelch, the extra noise will be unnacceptable.
Graham