Re: Between Doors - 2 ??

Subject: Re: Between Doors - 2 ??
From: Dean Arthur <dearthur@cyberhighway.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 13:23:42
Graham Singleton wrote:

> >>Now, I am considering not installing the jacks for the headsets in the
> overhead, but instead placing them in the baggage bulkhead an inch or so
> from
> the outside skin and about even with the bottom of the "D". <<
>
> I've tried both overhead, and got irritated by the festooning cables and in
> the inward facing sides of the headrests. I think with hindsight I favour
> the latter. There will be times when you need to fiddle with headsets in
> the air. Once took off, (including radio check, "strength 3" they said )
> and got almost unreadable when airborne. Found out some time later we had
> swopped headsets. If you fly solo with two headsets installed and only one
> squelch, the extra noise will be unnacceptable.
> Graham

Why not "cordless"? Ads for mono/stereo headsets using LED transmitters.
Many
circuits for one-way transmission of audio using LEDs in such as Circuit
Encyclopedia by Markus. You have blue, green, red and yellow LEDs. Two
colors for each headset - no cords! If not comforable with LEDs only on
panel brow, put on overhead as well.