Re: Sale of Quarter share

Subject: Re: Sale of Quarter share
From: Jerry <jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:43:02
Perhaps if we were to send you a clock from England you could place it in
your workshop where time does as you said go very slowly. Building your
Europa in time with your English clock should see you completed before you
have even started.

Jerry

----------
> From: Steve & Eileen Genotte <genottes@sprintmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Sale of Quarter share
> Date: 17 September 1997 17:18
>

> Bart Jan Kelter wrote:
>
> > . Are there different feet in the UK, US and 'down under'? I know of
two
> > different gallons and three different miles, and in early days the
Amsterdam foot
> > was different from the Rotterdam foot.
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Bart Jan Kelter
> >

> Bart,
>
> You raise a very important point.  The relativity of measurement has long
been a
> problem in inter-regional commerce.  Living in Texas, I have long
suffered with the
> non-interchangability of measurements here vs. the Chicago area where I
am from
> originally.  In Texas, "Just around the corner"  means a drive that may
require an
> extra tank of gas.  A "small farm" usually covers the surface area of
> Liechtenstein, and the "little pickup truck" used to travel about said
ranch
> typically has the wheelbase and gross vehicle weight of a British Matilda
tank.

> Your basic concern is the conversion of  "Standard" to Metric lengths.
Remember
> that many personal factors can cause your base length to change
significantly.  Are
> you "feeling on top of the world"?  The gravitational attraction of the
Earth is
> less at higher altitudes, this could reverse the reduction of vertebral
spaces we
> undergo while staying with our "feet planted firmly on the ground."
Conversely,