Re: Re: The Fuse Sucks!!!

Subject: Re: Re: The Fuse Sucks!!!
From: Duncan McFadyean <101234.3202@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 08:35:45
High cabin CO levels is something which has plaqued Kitfoxes for a number of
years and ,in the UK at least, a modification and monitoring of CO levels has
been recommended. In the Kitfox the problem is thought to be largely due to
fumes entering from the underside of the fuselage through appertures for the
undercarriage (ie "gear") bungees.

The solution to drag-free ventilation on the Europa has long been on my mind
too, but you are at a much more advanced stage of having to now resolve it. I
agree with your analysis; air should be blown through not sucked through (ie the
cockpit is kept at positive pressure and the source of air is controlled). This
can be difficult to achieve if there are unwanted vents in high pressure areas,
as on the underside of the Kitfox.

I look forward to someone else solving this one first!!

Duncan McFadyean