Flying - Wet Wings

Subject: Flying - Wet Wings
From: Allan J Hall <100255.2004@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 07:43:27
Don't leave your Europa on the trailer in the rain!

Rain runs down the flap and aileron and collects in the closeout. It then drain
into the wing through the small pressure vent holes which are drilled in the
rear closeout. It can be very difficult to detect and drain out because the foam
core acts  as a baffle. We drained more than a gallon from each wing when we
de-rigged it after flight, it wasn't noticed on rigging :-(

I'm not sure what the total capacity of each wing would be, but it could take
you well over gross with potentially disasterous consequences. Be careful out
there!

Allan J Hall