Re: Mandatory Mod. 40

Subject: Re: Mandatory Mod. 40
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 19:21:54
>>I don't doubt that certain installations of 912 in other aircraft types have

experienced carb icing, as another e-mail message says.  We haven't in our
Europa.

The O-200 engine fitted to my Long-Ez, an engine notorious for carb icing in
Cessna 150's, has never suffered from carb ice in 11 years of flying.  I
mention this only to illustrate the point that the engine installation has a
marked effect on whether or not carb ice will form.<<

The short answer is that there are too many variables. Not just installation but
weather. Therefore it would be wise to either eliminate enough of the  variables
or fit carb heat capability.

Graham