Re: Mandatory Mod. 40

Subject: Re: Mandatory Mod. 40
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 18:35:04
>>Now why am I getting so upset over this mod ? Because I am now L150
worse off L25 for the mod kit and L125 for the fuel computer im going to
have to trash (not to mention the hole in my new panel). Thanks Europa !<<

Don't see why. Just fit the bleed upstream of the Benwick.

Most of the vapour lock problem is caused by the fuel pump, which is heated by
the gearbox to which it is bolted. Not Europa's fault. Rotax's (rotices?) Same
problem can occur with Lycomings et al. Ask a Comanche 250 owner.

The continuous small flow helps to cool the pump and any vapour that is
generated is quickly purged through the bleed.

Graham