Re: Re: Adhesive Copper Tape for Com Antenna

Subject: Re: Re: Adhesive Copper Tape for Com Antenna
From: Ember <ember@cariblink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:39:54
Graham E Laucht wrote:

> In message <3.0.1.32.19970609155155.0069482c@sirius.com>, Charles Parker
> <silas@sirius.com> writes
> >Could you please give a detailed discription of how to make such an antenna?
>
> Probably if you have the vertical tail height the simplest form is an
> transformer end fed halfwave or a J antenna

        I wonder whether anyone has considered a dipole made by sticking the
copper tape to the inside of the fuselage skin ?     If properly
positioned the curvature of the skin plus a little angle when doing the
sticking should result on a 50 ohm impedence to match the coax and
transciever - and the whole thing would be simpler and easier of
access.     And as I have said before, I still think that copper tape
stuck to the aircraft will eventually crack through vibration and
flexing - I should much prefer to use braid and stick it however I could
!

        Regards,

                Martin

                9Y4TAM