Re: Re: Adhesive Copper Tape for Com Antenna

Subject: Re: Re: Adhesive Copper Tape for Com Antenna
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 17:31:04
>>Yes, in theory a balanced feeder is needed and if you want to be fussy
when using coax then a balun is required at the antenna feed point - but
in practice this doesn't seem to make any discernable difference.   <<

So I've noticed. In my Long EZ I have listened to London Volmet while south of
Paris with said 1/2 wave dipole.
The same antenna in our Europa doesn't seem to be quite as effective. Could it
be anything to do with the push rod close to the bottom arm of the dipole?

Graham