Re: Re: Adhesive Copper Tape for Com Antenna

Subject: Re: Re: Adhesive Copper Tape for Com Antenna
From: Graham E Laucht <graham@ukavid.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 01:43:07
In message <339DBB9A.77B5@carib-link.net>, Ember <ember@carib-link.net>
writes
>I wonder whether anyone has considered a dipole made by sticking the
>copper tape to the inside of the fuselage skin

I looked at the same on Duncan's "boat" and reckoned a tape vertical up
behind the luggage bay bulkhead might also work though it would have a
rather disturbed radiation pattern especially in the forward direction.
Given that we need to talk to people in front of us more often than
those we are leaving it makes sense to keep the radiation pattern as
undisturbed as practical.
At least the fin web area has a clear view in most directions and is
still reasonably accessible.

NB, Centre fed half wave antenna have a terminal impedance of 75 not
50ohms or 73+j42ohm to be pedanticaly exact and need a balanced feeder.
--
Graham E Laucht