Re: An introduction and two key questions

Subject: Re: An introduction and two key questions
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 13:16:52

> The early fast glass kits like Glasair (the best ) and Lancair required
>lots of hours to finish. I was involved in finishing G-TRUK the first UK
>Glasair and it took well over 4000 hours. Flies well though.  Foam and glass
>wings take less time to build, believe me. No doubt our leader will
>eventually come up with a quick way of building wings.

I don't know. I just helped someone here closout their wing on a Glasair.
Having seen what is required to get all of the ribs exactly the right size to
correctly fit the pre made wing skin I am a lot happier with the Europa
method of laying up the Europa wings. If Ivan could supply wing cores without
warps then the job would be simple! My next big wing layup is helping a
firend with a pair of Windrush glider wings which are built in the same way
as the Europa - right down to the biax cloth. The main difference is that the
wingspan is 48 feet! Should give me plenty of practice for the Europa glider
wings :-)

Tony
#272 Bid brackets done - onto the trailing edge blocks now.

Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 358 9124
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 358 9127
Auckland