Re: An introduction and two key questions

Subject: Re: An introduction and two key questions
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 20:01:16
Reply to Tony Renshaw.

The early fast glass kits like Glasair (the best ) and Lancair required lots of
hours to finish. I was involved in finishing G-TRUK the first UK Glasair and it
took well over 4000 hours. Flies well though.
Foam and glass wings take less time to build, believe me. No doubt our leader
will eventually come up with a quick way of building wings.
BTW the way I do close outs is to lay up the  3 plies of BID on cling film (on
the bench) then carry the whole lot to the job and lay it in place, film out of
course, pushing most of the air out. Peel off the film and stipple finally to
remove all the air and get the cloth into place. Easy {{;-)

Graham