Re: An introduction and two key questions

Subject: Re: An introduction and two key questions
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 12:38:01
 If you stop because you wreck a cloth skin, the
> microslurry filling the pores will cure, and have a hard, smooth surface
> totally unsuitable for future bonding.

Now that statement is actually debateable and I did debate it at Sun 'n Fun
with an EAA Composite Tech Counsellor. He actually micros the surface
beforehand, lets it dry and then light sands the surface before laying up. I
am not sure if I would let him near my machine but there must be a few
aircraft flying out there with surfaces made like that as he says he is not
the only one microsing early.

Tony

Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 358 9124