RE: Trim Systems, et. als.

Subject: RE: Trim Systems, et. als.
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <72770.552@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 14:32:11
/I go along with Bob's - no resettable breakers in the cockpit
/  - policy  as well. In fact I am going with solid state fuses
/and an LED indicator panel to show the status of each circuit.

   What kind of "solid state fuses" did you see the critical
   design review I wrote on the "EXP Bus" and clones that feature
   the "solid state, self reseting circuit breakers"?

/Having been in electronics for the past 20 years I was amazed
/the first time I flew an aircraft to discover how much space
/on a panel is devoted to circuit breakers. If a  breaker trips
/there is a good electrical reason that it did so and  pushing
/it in to see if you can reintroduce the fault is not the way to
/resolve the issue!

   Hear, hear! I'm working on an total modernization of a Tri-Pacer's
   electrical system. We'd like to have the airplane flying and have
   all the paperwork done by the end of the year. Three busses,
   all fuses (except for crowbar ov system on alternator field) and
   STC/PMA'd for certified ships.  The new battle cry for inovation:
   "Pull out all those breakers and put something really USEFUL
   in that space . . . like a GPS receiver or even a place to
   store maps!"

    Regards,

    Bob . . .
    AeroElectric Connection