Re: Root Closeout Rib Layup????

Subject: Re: Root Closeout Rib Layup????
From: Margaret & Dave Watson <dmw@querandi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 20:54:07
ChuckPops@aol.com wrote:

> ribs, the manual states that the first two layers of bid should run about 2"
> beyond the metal bush.  Do they intend that after laying up the rib itself,
> you turn the glass away from the rib/spar corner out about 7" along the spar
> stub, which would imply that you have to snip holes so that the cloth can
> pass around the bush?

We also have the newer issue of the manual and found the instructions
just as confusing. No problem, we rang Andy Draper at the factory and he
confirmed that the layup covers the bush by 2", cutting a 1.5" diameter
hole in the cloth will let the bush poke through.

The new manual doesn't seem to cover the modification that Dave
Bosomworth refers to - any comments?

Dave & Margaret Watson
#224 G-CUTY (Tri-gear)