Re: Root Closeout Rib Layup????

Subject: Re: Root Closeout Rib Layup????
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 04:55:36
Dave,
  In a message dated 03/10/1996  00:10:22, you write:

>We also have the newer issue of the manual and found the instructions
>just as confusing. No problem, we rang Andy Draper at the factory and he
>confirmed that the layup covers the bush by 2", cutting a 1.5" diameter
>hole in the cloth will let the bush poke through.
>The new manual doesn't seem to cover the modification that Dave
>Bosomworth refers to - any comments?

  The mod came off a letter that was dated 24 August 95 and refered to a
loose bush on the spar of G-KITS. Builders were advised to inspect the
bushes, re-install any loose ones (though non have been reported on this
list) and:-

'Even if the rearmost bush on the starboard wing spar is not loose, layup a
patch of 2 plies bid over the the bush flange and onto the surrounding spar
to retain the bush. Cover with peel ply. Open up a hole through the
glassfibre after cure.'

   This has obviously been incorporated into your newer instructions. But, if
you cut the glass around the bush, how will it be retained?  As this stbd
rear bush is not slid into a socket, it doesnt matter about  the thickness of
2 plies over the rear face. I drilled through the socket hole, and can still
sleep at night ;-)

chus, dave
kit67
also known as dbosomworth@meto.gov.uk