Re: epoxy mixing

Subject: Re: epoxy mixing
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 10:32:57
I had my doubts about the expense of the epoxy pump, but no longer. When
you get to filling the flying surfaces, balance weighing takes the
majority of the time, and while you are doing it the stuff on the surface
is stiffening.  With the epoxy pump the mixing dominates. You need at
least one full time mixer to keep up with the spreader. That way you can
do a wing side in a morning, say two days for the full wings. So I
reccommend biting the bullet and buying one. Relating the price to the
cost of the whole project will make it less painful. It should later have
a resale value to all the builders behind.

On Redux (as posted before), use a one pot method, dumping the thick
stuff in first, and balance with around N (~100) or so identical
"things", nuts, bolts, pins etc. Then add .4*N "things" and pour or
syringe in the thin stuff to rebalance. Use the balance arms reversed to
change the scale factor by 9 for very small quantities.

gemin 83