Re: Aileron hickness at wing tip

Subject: Re: Aileron hickness at wing tip
From: dbosomworth@meto.gov.uk
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 10:32:57

 Ed,
        Dont sand the aileron bottom (hinge) flange, you need the
 maximum thickness there for the hinges. Have a think about cutting
 back the top closeout a bit more; the manual states a minimum amount
 to leave, about 5mm i think. Only cut back as much as you need to
 give a decent clearance between aileron and closeout - dont forget
 you will be slapping filler and paint on the aileron. If it is still
 proud of the wing then it might need a bit of extra filler on the
 wing to bring it up to the aileron profile:-(

 chus, dave
 kit67