RE: Strobes/Be seen

Subject: RE: Strobes/Be seen
From: tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 14:07:50

<jbamfyld@netlink.co.nz> wrote:

>Has anyone out there managed to find a good strobe/fuselage 'light' to
make
>Europas more visible?  Aircraft Spruce catalogues have dozens of strobes
for
>wings, fins etc, but no obvious choice.  Also, is on top between cockpit
and
>fin a good location for it?
>John

Andy at the factory suggests fin top and under fuselage as the best
locations - this way you don't have to worry about wing cables.

Peter Kember has this arrangement and I am trying to find out which
strobe he used. Electrical drain and mounting size are the main issues.

I wouldn't place it on the turtledeck as this would be blocked from
behind by the fin (having had someone try to mow me down in the Ardmore
circuit already, believe me you want to be highly visible from the rear!)

Tony

Tony S Krzyzewski            Kaon Technologies Ltd
Reply to tonyk@kaon.co.nz    L7, 19 Victoria St West
Date: 29/04/96                 Auckland, New Zealand
Time: 14:07:50                 Ph +64 9 358 9124

The New Zealand Home of
ATM Ltd, NetManage Chameleon and Ecco, Spider/Shiva
Borderware, Banyan and SNMPc