Sun & Fun

Subject: Sun & Fun
From: Robert Acker <75104.3077@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 09:16:01
>> Hi Rob,
Is your "fit" problem sideways or height ways? I am 6'4, with short legs and
there seems to be no Europa near Brisbane advanced enough for me to see if I fit
in. What size are you?
Peter <<

I am 6'4", seated torso is 38.75" (like you, short legs).  This is *not* good
when the Europa's measured seat  to canopy distance is 38" <g>.

I have sat in ELSA.  The wide monowheel channel forced me over to the left,
contributing to reduced headroom by positioning my head into the downward curved
portion of the side window (also, my shoulder hit the window).

I understand the new fuselages have a 2" indent in the wheel well.  This would
allow sitting further towards the right, hopefully positioning my head towards
the top (flatter) portion of the window.  Between this mod and a thin seat
cushion, I am hoping that I will now fit.

If you can't find a Europa to sit in, e-mail your seated torso (bum to top of
head), seated leg (back to heel), and shoulder width measures.  I can keep those
in mind and compare as I crawl in and out of the Europa (what an excuse to go to
Sun&Fun !), pondering ways to fit.

Rob.