Re: Topics, files and drawings

Subject: Re: Topics, files and drawings
From: BOLFAM4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 23:36:37

>What? What? Is this another job I've volunteered for? No, must be the heat
>in USA getting to Ron's working parts ... Dot's the treasurer, I'm the
>membership secretary.

Sorry  Folks every word that Rowland said was true. I made a No of sanders up
to about 3ft 6ins long and up to 5" wide covered some with 3Ms stick on
80grit is good for starters you must of course still sand diagonally as the
good book says,and Graham, but you can cheat a bit with great care on the
leading and trailing edges and the fin close out, the extra length gives the
same advantage as the old fashioned 3' long jack planes used to do when you
need somethig straight.  They need about 6 off 1/2" holes staggered along the
face depending on the strength of your vac. When you have done the tail bits
fill and sand one or two if not all of them before you start the wings. You
will then better apprieciate what the final glass surface should be like
before you do the big lumps. I covered my bigger sanders with cut up 36" x 4"
sanding belts but they have a government health warning on them if you don't
want to poke holes thru your glass surface.Take CARE.   sorry Rowland about
the heat.
Ron S  No33 in the USofA   .Home next week.