Re: Door tangs and pitot mod.

Subject: Re: Door tangs and pitot mod.
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 1995 18:16:29
Yes I considered reforming the recess, but those of us who are pedalling
hard to catch up with you need the simplest solutions, so I think I'll
cut back the tang. The gas strut should provide a good enough fully open
limit. Suppose I ought to check with the factory when they revive from
the holidays.

I also want to ask them about running the pitot tube along the aileron
push rod. Those of us who have had to do the "boring out" mod to
reposition it, find there is plenty of room to run it without attaching
it to the tube. The latter not only involves a tedious removal, but adds
cyclic flexing forces to the mechanism and tube ends which are
undesirable.

Graham 2