Re: Subaru Engines

Subject: Re: Subaru Engines
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 15:10:07
Douglas Wagner wrote:

>Hi: I faxed Reiner <Reinerh@aol.com> at Stratus Inc in Seattle for details
>of their Subaru EA81 engines.

Have you talked to Graham Brunwin about the Aero Developments / NSI Subaru
conversion? David Dufton had a borrowed example on G-OURO at Cranfield. Let
me know if you don't have contact details for either of those two people -
they're not online as far as I know.

>My estimate for the total cost for the Europa is =A345,000. That includes a
>basic IFR panel and a single nav aid. At least one UK builder agrees with
>this cost. An American I talked to said he expected to complete for
>$45,000.

How about some itemised breakdown of those figures? I expect to have to add
something for flight instruments & radios, but I hadn't figured on doubling
the kit cost.

I hadn't intended to charge myself for my own time - that might get
factored into the 'worth' estimate but not the 'cost' estimate.

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...