Lung protection

Subject: Lung protection
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 23:08:53
One of my greatest concerns is protecting my lungs while building. I have
bronchiectasis (lung damage caused by double pneumonia when young - stopped
me realizing my childhood dream of being a RAF pilot) and want to take good
care of what I've got left.

Obviously various nuisance-dust masks are available which will protect to
some extent against dust from sanding, but I'm also concerned about the
fumes from layups. Does anyone have good advice on this?

How can I keep the workshop temp & humidity under control but keep the air
breathable by having plenty of air changes/hour, all without spending a
fortune?

I've heard of helmets with fresh-air supply - has anyone tried them - are
they even practical?

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...