Re: Lung protection

Subject: Re: Lung protection
From: Nance Origer <ORIGERNK@CONRAD.APPSTATE.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 22:44:14
As lung protection goes, the best product I've seen is a mask by Fastech
Corp. I tried it at an airshow- one of those products you ignore in the
adverts but are really impressive in actual use.  It is a lightweight
mask with 40ft of hoseconnected to a powered air supply. All leakage
around the mask is outbound because of the positive pressure. Even us
bearded types can wear it safely. The mask is comfortable to wear and
the hose clips to your belt.  Models come with either 1 or 2 masks.
For more info:     FAstech Corp.
                   24 Center Dr.
                   Gilberts, Illinois, USA 60136
                   phone 1-800-426-2471
  the price is $279.00 US
  Also, when sanding BE SURE to wear a dust mask and get those clothes
off as soon as you get into the house. Glass fibers in your lungs act
exactly like asbestos fibers.
  I hope this helps.   Jim Poole.  Blue skies.