Re: Zoche (was: New addition to the list)

Subject: Re: Zoche (was: New addition to the list)
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 23:08:05
Carl writes:

>     One question I am interested in throwing open is the choice of
>     engines.  The new Zoche diesels look particularly interesting.  Has
>     anyone investigated these?

My impression is that the 2.66 litre 4-cylinder one is _way_ too big
(150bhp). The 1.33 litre 2-cylinder (v-twin) one is probably just not quite
big enough, at 70bhp, although probably physically smaller & lighter at 121
lb including starter, alternator, filters, etc (sorry, haven't got Rotax
weights handy).

Not heard any definite pricing, but I believe they will be up around the
level of other certificated engines, so probably not a cheap option on
capital outlay. Running costs should be low, though ....

Flyer Magazine (UK) did a bit on the Zoche engines in the July 1995 issue,
and gave as the contact point:

Michael Zoche Antriebstechnik
Keferstrasse 13
80802 Munich