Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt stop

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt stop
From: Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 11:31:37

So it looks ugly and provides some additional drag and it prevents the hatch
closing
and the chance of it departing in flight; great, we are all here... how
about an internal elbow at the rear bolt that prevents the hatch being locked
when misaligned, or lets go further, the elbow pulls the rear of the hatch into
alignment before the bolt extends; all aforementioned challenges mitigated;
Ugly Factor = 0... Personally part of my pre taxi and pre rollout checks is
using
my elbow to try and push the rear corner of the door out; easier when two
up on this cross check (flight crew arm and crosscheck cabin doors)... from a
design perspective the current solution has not been well executed and is adhoc
at best; just opinion based on 40 years of design and repair of mechanical
stuff.

Read this topic online here: