Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt stop

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt stop
From: Hitchflight <bobhitchcock@icloud.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 06:42:36

budyerly@msn.com wrote:
> Im about to upset everyone, but Ill be the bad guy.
>
> Many of us have expressed opinions about the latest LAA Mod 15833 from the LAA
and the directives mandatory time frame to install.  Some have complained the
Europa door loss has disturbed the controlling agencies quiet bureaucratic life
thereby forcing engineering solutions to be implemented on the double.

> My desire is not to upset everyone, Im not intending to, but more of a
> reminder
of pilot responsibilities and training.

> The UK Europa fliers have lost 8 doors in roughly the last year.  In the US,
I see or hear of about one door lost every other year or slightly longer.  This
is a real problem for the Europa community.

> If we were teenagers, it is like taking the family car out and riding around
and you are driving a bit too fast for the T intersection and hit a curb and
wall
damaging the right front wheel and suspension of the car also.  Costing the
family perhaps thousands and increasing insurance rates (perhaps loss of
insurance)
and weeks of downtime.  The curb you hit is in the historic district of
your town.  So, you get grounded, no car privileges and out money as Dad insists
you learn the lesson and pay for your mistake.  The mayor has had 8 traffic
incidents in this area and directs the city hall to make a law forbidding
traffic
in this area unless a special collision avoidance equipment system is purchased
and installed on all vehicles transiting the historic district.  I know
that is a bit much of an example, but lets take a rather subjective view of
objective data from the Europa door loss incidents.

> Ill condense this down to the vitals and put out a pdf on my website and
> perhaps
the Club will pick it up.  If Andys and my data are correct, this may be an
essential for our second hand owners to review.  No pilot worth his salt ever
turned down training about his aircraft.

> If you care to, read the attached draft pdf in work that has more of the
> details.
None of us have all the answers.  But our cumulative collaboration may
drastically
reverse a current trend.

> Best Regards,
> Bud Yerly

Hi Bud

A welcome addition to the discussion on this very topical subject.  Many thanks
for the time and effort you have put in. The Club accepts your offer to publish.
Editor Tony Wickens has told me he has been able toinclude in the next Europa
Flyer issue. Goes to the publisher this week. So just in time.

Safety messages need to be circulated as widely as possible. Your article  adds
to and in many ways, compliments the words of Ivan, Andy and Brian. Thankyou!

How The Europa Club continues to get the message out:

This excellent Matronics listing routinely has 40 or more people regularly
reviewing
which surges when a really populate topic such as this one  hits. These
readers are often long-standing members of the Europa Community.

The Europa Club Magazine is posted to and read by 422 Europa Club Members three
times a year. Including long-standing and second owners of the Europa aircraft.

The Europa Club Website enjoys 2500 - 3000 regular followers. (Definition:
Unique
IP address logging into The Europa Club website more than twice a month.).
Though popular with an anecdotal 40% of the membership viewing regularly, it is
the magazine that remains the most popular source of information..

The Europa Club enjoys 89% of Europa aircraft owners as Members worldwide.
Australia,
Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark,
Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Norway,
Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands,
United Kingdom, Ukraine, United States of America.

There are  informal non Europa Club sponsored groups on social media. These
groupings
are not necessarily Club sponsored..

The LAA Engineering team wrote to every operator/builder of a Europa within the
United Kingdom to promulgate.

Regards

Bob

Read this topic online here: