Europa-List: Ammeter spike

Subject: Europa-List: Ammeter spike
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 10:52:06
I have a dynon skyview and the ammeter reads off the shunt per dynon
manual.  My electrical system is standard europa without deviation and i
have a rotax 912

The last time a flew when i started the engine had a red x over the ammeter
(ie not working) where it had worked on the previous flight.

I pulled the alt 30A cb which reset the "instrument" and thereafter it read
normally.  I left the 30A battery cb set during this process.

My question:  When I pulled the cb the amp reading, once it came alive,
spiked up to 60A.  I immediately reset the cb and everything settled back
down to its normal readings.

Is this spike normal?

Thanks

Will