Re: Europa-List: Ammeter spike

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ammeter spike
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 15:31:06

Depending upon where the large capacitor is, yes, it could spike like that of it
was discharged.

> On Oct 6, 2017, at 11:52 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I have a dynon skyview and the ammeter reads off the shunt per dynon manual.
My electrical system is standard europa without deviation and i have a rotax
912

> The last time a flew when i started the engine had a red x over the ammeter
> (ie
not working) where it had worked on the previous flight.

> I pulled the alt 30A cb which reset the "instrument" and thereafter it read
> normally.
I left the 30A battery cb set during this process.

> My question:  When I pulled the cb the amp reading, once it came alive, spiked
up to 60A.  I immediately reset the cb and everything settled back down to its
normal readings.